Hello! I’m Veronica. I just want to say, I know what it feels like to have a horrible relationship with food.
I know what it feels like to be insecure in your own body. I know what it’s like to feel guilty for being fat.
Have you ever:
- Snuck food to your room late at night?
- Binged on 5 slices of pizza/too many slices of cake/whatever your favorite food is when you order in, go out to eat/party?
- Overeat at every meal and you don’t know why?
- Eaten when you were stressed, sad, angry, bored, or felt like you needed a reward?
- Tried to go on a diet and lost 10-20 pounds by cutting out your favorite foods, then gained them ALL BACK again when you mess up??
- Grabbed a bag of chips, and then moving your around the bottom of the bag realizing that you already ate all of them :/
- Felt like you hated your body 🙁
You want to lose the weight for good and live a healthier lifestyle, but you can’t for some reason. You’re discouraged, upset, and frustrated by the whole “weight loss” thing. I totally understand you!
A little while back, that was me. All those bullet points I just wrote are personal examples from my life that have actually happened to me and probably apply to you.
I was frustrated by the whole process of losing weight. It turned out to be more difficult than I thought it would be. Everyone on Google and Reddit said to count your calories with My Fitness Pal. And I did. I drank more water, started walking more, and decreased my portions at my college dining hall.
I lost 15 pounds. And then I immediately gained them back.
“Why did that happen??!!!?”, I wondered. Maybe I just didn’t have enough motivation or discipline.
I was confused as to why I gained all that weight back. I started to do research on my own, but was overwhelmed.
I then realized that I was only addressing the symptom of my weight loss (the overeating), but not the actual root cause of it all (my relationship with food in general).
If only there was a resource for young women like me who needed help with their weight loss journey and needed something more than just “counting calories” and “moving more”.
If only someone could show how to stop the cravings, stop the overeating and binging, and just finally feel relaxed and free around food…
If only someone could show me how to lose weight without the restrictions of dieting (ex. cutting out food groups – only if you want to!)…
I want to help you in whatever way I can.
I’m here to help you improve your relationship with food, so you can lose the weight once and for all.
Here, I’m going to share my own weight loss journey and what I’m doing to live a healthy lifestyle.
What’s my style? Friendly and encouraging. I’m the friend who pushes you, yet is nice about it. I’m not Jillian Michaels, haha. I’m super friendly and caring towards other people, especially those close to me.
What makes me different from other weight loss blogs? Great question! Here is my answer:
1) I’m in the process of losing 80 pounds right now! I know what it feels like to be insecure in your own body. I understand the guilt when it comes to being overweight and wondering how you became so unhealthy.
2) I’m not a mom or older woman blogging at 30 or 35 years old. I’m a 20 year old college student who wants to help other young millennial/Gen Z women with their weight loss journey.
3) Finally, I believe in holistic health: it’s not just nutrition, fitness, or changing your mindset, it’s a combination of all three to be successful.
My philosophy on weight loss
I believe in weight loss without diet pills, shady supplements, or so called “superfoods” which aren’t even a thing.
I believe that weight loss is possible once you change you relationship with food to a more positive one.
I believe in self love and self compassion over hatred.
I believe weight loss is 90% mindset, 9% nutrition, and 1% fitness.
I don’t claim to have all the answers. I’m not an expert. But I’ll share with you what works and what doesn’t, as I go through my own weight loss journey.
Click here for more info on my weight loss philosophy.
If my ideas are resonating with you, grab my free guide “20 Super Easy Hacks to Lose Weight That Really Work”
This guide will show you:
- the #1 thing mindset change you need to know to be successful
- the best exercise for weight loss
- what you need INSTEAD of motivation
If you’re reading this, thank you for reading all the way to the bottom 🙂 Have a great day!
(NOTE: I’m not an expert on weight loss: I’m not a nutritionist or personal trainer, and I don’t claim to have all the answers to weight loss. Please don’t take my blog posts or information as medical advice – go to your doctor instead!)